General Dynamics NASSCO-Mayport is expert and fully certified at all types of complex, restricted, and technical availabilities (including drydock availabilities and the integration of related repair efforts such as AIT’s) on U.S. Navy ships and craft of all classes, including aircraft carriers and submarines. In addition, NASSCO-Mayport is consistently seeking new opportunities and markets in which to offer the company’s full range of quality services at competitive prices. This constant drive to expand by building on our existing capabilities is one of the keys to NASSCO-Mayport’s success as it keeps the company lean and well-managed resulting in a cohesive, goal-oriented team.
Program and Project Management
NASSCO-Mayport offers a team of highly experienced and trained Management professionals to support every project.
- Material Management
We offer a comprehensive staff of Marine, Electrical and Structural Engineers. Our Designers and Technicians provide full service technical support across multiple ship class programs and platforms.
- CAD 2D/3D Modeling and Drawing Packages
- Improved Products and Processes for Cost-Savings
- Coordination with NAVSEA & the Carrier Planning Activity
- Classification Society Approvals
- Procedures and Test Documents for Advance Planning
- Engineering Studies to Identify Alternative Methods and Material Substitutions
- On-Site Engineering Support During All Availabilities
Structural/Pipe Fitting Services
- Certified ASME and MIL-STD welding and NDE/NDT
- Sheet Metal Fabrication and Installation
- Fluid Systems Install, Modification, Repair and Cleaning
- Complete Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Capability
- Diesel Engine Overhaul and Maintenance
- Pump/Valve Overhaul
- Re-tubing of Condensers and Heat Exchangers
- Bearing Surface Refurbishment
- Full Rigging and Lagging Services
- Proven processes for in-place cleaning and refurbishment of power distribution and electrical rotating equipment Design
- Trouble shooting
- Repair and Overhaul
Hull and Tank Preservation, Coatings
Our Coatings Division provides complete metal preservation services including environmentally-compliant containment systems, abrasive blasting, ultra-high pressure (40,000 psi) water blasting and application of all types of coatings. General Dynamics NASSCO-Mayport is NACE certified and in full compliance with OSHA and EPA guidelines.
- UHP Water Blasting
- Abrasive Blasting
- Blast and Paint Booth
- Rigging and Containment